The ION 2 takes its heritage from the highly successful ION and ION S slalom skis. The incredible performance of the ION 2 is the result of the experience and success of our Team D3 skiers in professional and World Championship tournaments.
For 2022, the ION 2 flex and rocker comes directly from the skis ridden by our pro skiers. The ION 2 blends the tip flex from the ION S and the tail flex from the ION. This combination results in a ski that slows well and engages into the turn, and at the same time provides optimal acceleration and cross course speed into that next buoy.
The same natural balance and equilibrium of a traditional shaped slalom ski has been maintained in the ION 2. The ski is best ridden with a balanced stance over the middle of the ski.
The ION sweet spot is replicated in the ION 2 along with the stability and symmetry that all skiers have come to expect from our previous ION slalom skis. The ski is extremely predictable into the edge change, through a smooth carving turn, and builds angle and unparalleled cross-course speed.
The World Record ION 2 supports skiers of all levels and will exceed your expectations.
The ION 2 features:
- Ski Profile – Traditional Ski Shape – best ridden in a balanced stance over the middle of the ski – the ION 2 is slightly wider than the competition’s traditional shaped skis
- Tunnel Concave – Shallowest of the D3 slalom line which promotes good cross-course speed
- Rocker Profile – Lowest rocker in the D3 slalom line – ski attitude more level with less tip rise
- Tail Shape – Widest tail in the D3 slalom line
- Bevels – Soft tail bevel allows the tail of the ski to move throughout the turn in perfect balance with the tip
- All Levels – Designed for skiers of all levels and at the same time exceeds the expectations of the most demanding skiers
- Accuset Fin Block – Accurate, three-point set screws for easy fin adjustments and laser aligned fin position
- Machined Screw Inserts – Accommodates D3, Reflex and most current binding hole patterns. All inserts are set in hard PVC anchor blocks for trouble free screw retention
- Sizes – 64″, 65″, 66″, 67″ & 68″ in Tour Red